The Plant Supervisor will oversee all daily operations of the plant from manufacturing and shipping/receiving to ensuring policies and processes are followed.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the production or processing of company products.
- Maintain operations data such as time, production, and cost records, and prepare management reports of production results.
- Schedule parts and jobs based off of master production schedule.
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Meet customer requirements through quality and on time shipments.
- Create and maintain existing assembly work instructions to provide quality documentation for product assembly.
- Set up production cells using lean manufacturing techniques.
- Implement lean manufacturing techniques throughout production process.
- Assist as backup for all areas of the shop.
- Assure all product gets crated and shipped on schedule.
- Assure all incoming product is put away on shelves in a timely matter.
- Supervise all production/shipping & receiving employees.
- Provide leadership to employees through effective hiring, evaluation, development, and recognition to enable maximum contribution to company objectives.
- Monitor workload and department performance and provide work direction to ensure department goals are met.
- Train or identify training needs.
- Train, monitor and enforce adherence to company policy as set out in the Employee Handbook.
- Provide assistance to production personal for all facets related to manufacturing and shipping of product. Provide training to new hire production personnel.
- Manage building and equipment maintenance.
- Develop budgets for supplies and materials ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Monitor Engineering Change Notices to determine if stock needs to be scrapped, reworked, etc. per changes released. Take appropriate actions.
- Identify and select necessary shop supplies, hardware, tools etc. Monitor inventory levels to assure their availability. Requisition materials as needed.
- Provide feedback to Design Engineering to improve product design for ease of manufacturing, optimization of cost and time to manufacture product.
- Willing to help out in all areas when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-7 years previous experience in supervising 10 or more employees in a job shop environment.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Execution-oriented with proven ability to understand expectations and deliver results in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interpret and evaluate information and create analytical approaches to achieve results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to facilitate team building and development.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Requires an accomplished background supervising employee’s in a manufacturing setting with an emphasis on cultivating a team-centered environment and hold associates accountable for results.
- Must be proficient in machining, punch, break press and welding processes. Prior experience in doing these processes.
- Degree in Business, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Quality experience.
Engage Technologies – Eastey
21480 147th Ave N
Rogers, MN 55374